30 Days of Biking - I can't help it!

I just signed up for yet another round of 30 Days of Biking. I honestly have lost track of how many of these I've done. Thankfully, other people are keeping track - according to this Pioneer Press story by Molly Guthrey, 30 Days of Biking started six years ago. So, if we're in the 6th year and there were a few bonus rounds in September a few years, this will make my 8th 30 Days of Biking - or something like that.

I guess the number of challenges I've done doesn't matter as much as the fact that each April I get out and I ride my bike every day and doing so makes me feel good. If this lovely spring weather we've been having sticks around into April (please! please! please!) then this 30 Days of Biking will be a piece of cake compared to other years when we've had snow, cold, sleet and rain to ride in.

I do have a busy schedule this April because I'm in a musical, Oliver! It's likely my rehearsal and show schedule will be more of an issue for me than the weather.  I've been wondering if, because of my schedule,  it would actually be a good idea to skip doing 30 Days this year. But, well, I just signed up - so here I go again!

It's not even mid-March and 2,261 joyful cyclists have already registered to ride this year. You can sign up, too, just go to: www.30daysofbiking.com



Just for fun, here's a link to a story Molly Guthrey wrote about me and 30 Days of Biking back in 2012. Click to read Turning Point: Northfield mom discovers pedal power during 30-day bike challenge

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Change in Plans

A Little Bike Schooling on the B Ride

One of the Best Bike Rides. Ever.