Writing Space Reboot 2

Well, it only took a couple of days before I did another writing space reboot in my office but I think I now have an arrangement that works.

Why move the furniture around just days after my Writing Space Reboot? Well, even though I tried using a floor lamp, I was still having trouble with headaches and eye strain in my newly rearranged space. Terribly frustrating! My gut instinct has been that the issue is the way the light comes through the window and the light above my desk so I did some troubleshooting on how the light hit me in my old office compared to my new space and brainstormed other arrangement options. Long and short of it is I moved my desk once again and now it faces the window pretty much straight on. A lot of the time I don't need the overhead light but when I use it in the daytime it's not bothering me. In the evenings the overhead light is too bright so I'm using a floor lamp which seems to be working okay.
Now my desk faces the window straight on.
I like the new arrangement. When I walk in the door my desk chair is just a few steps in front of me so I can walk in, sit down and get right to work. There's something very good about being able to walk right to my chair instead of having to walk around my desk to get to it. In my old office space I liked the feeling of almost tucking myself into a corner when I worked but now it feels like having my desk straight and super easy to get to is what I need. I have a good view out my window when I'm at my desk and a little shrine of sorts in full view with a fountain, some candles and a plant. I am finding that I am seeking out my writing space now after months of avoiding it. I am glad - and relieved as I was getting very discouraged with how hard it has been to write.
View from my desk - a plant, some candles, a little quilt and a fountain for some white noise while I work
I still have some clutter to clean out but I am tackling this bit by bit. A couple of days ago I set aside 15 minutes and cleaned out my overfull inbox. It's a good feeling to get rid of all of the extra papers and to put things away where they belong. There's more to clean up and pictures to hang on the walls. I'll get to it! But not right now - first I am going to pull out my journal and my favorite fountain pen and write for awhile.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Change in Plans

Dates with a Biker

A Little Bike Schooling on the B Ride