More books to read!

I set a goal to read more, write more and ride more in 2014. It seems that I also have also added a buy more books for my collection category to that goal because I keep buying books to add to my must read stack. Today I stopped at Monkey See, Monkey Read (an independent bookstore in Northfield, MN) and picked up a book I ordered, one I was thinking of buying and another I picked up on a whim because it was on sale.


Here's a list of the new additions to my must read collection:

Forward from Here: Leaving Middle Age - and Other Unexpected Adventures. This book is a memoir by Reeve Lindbergh. I really enjoyed Reeve's Under a Wing, her memoir about growing up with her famous parents, Charles Lindbergh and Anne Morrow Lindbergh. I'm especially interested in reading this book to find out how Reeve handled the news that her father had three secret families in Europe. I think Reeve writes beautifully and am looking forward to this book.

Major Pettigrew's Last Stand, a novel by Helen Simonson. This is the book I picked up on a whim because it was on sale for $5.99. I hadn't heard of the book but felt like I had to buy it. According to the book jacket description the story is set in England, the main character values a properly brewed cup of tea and is "wry, courtly, opinionated, and completely endearing." I love England, properly brewed tea and quirky characters so this sounds like a book I will enjoy - while enjoying a properly brewed cup of tea, of course!

Tiny Beautiful Things: Advice on love and life from Dear Sugar by Cheryl Strayed. This book contains a collection of advice offered by Sugar, an online advice columnist at The Rumpus. Strayed wrote the best selling memoir Wild, a book I enjoyed reading. I've been on the fence about reading Tiny Beautiful Things but yesterday a friend mentioned reading it and loving it so I decided to give it a go and see what I think.

I have a story to work on but plan to do some reading tonight. Yay! Seems like I never have enough reading time.

What have you been reading?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Change in Plans

Dates with a Biker

A Little Bike Schooling on the B Ride